David Lagercrantz was born in 1962 in Sweden. He grew up in a literary family and seemed destined to be a writer. He studied religion, philosophy and journalism before becoming a crime writer at a daily national newspaper.
His earliest books were non-fiction including biographies of adventurers, geniuses and sportsmen. But he also wrote some fiction. He was already one of Sweden’s best known authors before being chosen to continue Stieg Larsson’s Millenium series.
‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’ is a sequel to Larsson’s Millenium series based on the same characters. Lagercrantz did not use the extensive story plans created by Larsson before his death. At this stage no further sequels have been announced but given the success of ‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’, the continuation of the story is likely.
- Stjärnfall (2001)
- Där gräset aldrig växer mer (2002)
- Underbarnets gåta (2003)
- Himmel över Everest (2005) (English: The Sky Over Everest)
- Syndafall i Wilmslow (2009) (English: The Fall of Man In Winslow)
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Millenium #4) (2015)
- The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye (Millennium #5) (2017)
- Göran Kropp (1995), biography (English: Ultimate High)
- Änglarna i Åmsele (1998), about the Åmsele triple murder case
- Ett svenskt geni (2000), biography of Håkan Lans (English: A Swedish Genius)
- I am Zlatan Ibrahimović (Jag är Zlatan Ibrahimović) (2011) (ghostwriter of footballer Zlatan Ibrahimović’s autobiography)
Original Millennium series by Stieg Larsson