Elly Griffiths is the penname for Domenica de Rosa. Griffiths was born in London in 1963 and lived there till the age of 5 when her family moved to Brighton. She was interested in writing from an early age, so she read English at Kings College in London then worked in libraries and in publishing.
Griffiths finally wrote her first novel when on maternity leave with twins. She published four novels under her real name.
When her husband became an archaeologist, the idea of Griffiths’ main character Ruth Galloway was born. With her move to crime fiction, she also started using the name Elly Griffiths.
She is currently working on two series – The Ruth Galloway series set in Norfolk and the Max Mephisto and DI Stephens series set in Brighton.
Griffiths lives in Rottingdean near Brighton with her husband Andrew and two children.
Ruth Galloway series
- The Crossing Places (#1) (2009)
- The Janus Stone (#2) (2010)
- The House at Sea’s End (#3) (2010)
- A Room Full of Bones (#4) (2012)
- Ruth’s First Christmas Tree (#4.5) (2012)
- Dying Fall (#5) (2012)
- The Outcast Dead (#6) (2014)
- The Ghost Fields (#7) (2015)
- The Woman in Blue (#8) (2016)
- The Chalk Pit (#9) (2017)
- The Dark Angel (#10) (2018)
DI Stephens & Max Mephisto series
- The Zig Zag Girl (#1) (2014)
- Smoke and Mirrors (#2) (2015)
- The Blood Card (#3) (2016)
- The Vanishing Box (#4) (2017)
As Domenica de Rosa
- The Italian Quarter (2004)
- The Eternal City (2005)
- Villa Serena (2007)
- Summer School (2008)