Guy Walters was born in 1971 in London. He attended Eton College and University of London and later Newcastle University for a PHD in history.
He has worked as a novelist, historian, academic and journalist. He has written about a number of historic events including the killings by Anders Breivik and the Falklands war, but his main area if interest is WWII.
Walters has spoken out against ‘junk’ history and fraudulent claims in a number of memoirs.
The majority of his works are historical works but he has written a number of fiction thrillers.
He lives in Wiltshire with his wife and two children.
- The Traitor (2002)
- The Leader (2003)
- The Colditz Legacy (2005)
- Diary of a Hapless Househusband (2007) (as Sam Holden)
- Growing Pains of a Hapless Househusband (2008) (as Sam Holden)
- The Voice of War: The Second World War Told by Those Who Fought It (2004)
- The Occupation (2004)
- Berlin Games: How Hitler Stole the Olympic Dream (2006)
- Hunting Evil: The Nazi War Criminals who Escaped and the Dramatic Hunt to Bring Them to Justice (2009)
- The Real Great Escape (2013)
- Nazis, Spies & Fakes: Ten Years at the Coalface of History (2013)
- Naumann’s War: The Life of Werner Naumann from 1909 to 1945 (2016)