Stuart MacBride was born in 1969 in Dumbarton, Scotland but moved to Aberdeen as a young child.
He briefly studied architecture at University but lost interest. He worked on offshore oil rigs, then as a graphic designer, actor, undertaker, studio manager, web designer, programmer, and IT Project Manager. While moving through his various jobs, he wrote his first novel – ‘Cold Granite’ and was eventually able to become a full-time writer.
His hugely successful series featuring police detective Logan McRae is set in and around Aberdeen.
MacBride lives in north-east Scotland with his wife.
Logan McRae novels
- Cold Granite (#1) (2005)
- Dying Light (#2) (2006)
- Broken Skin/Bloodshot (#3) (2007)
- Flesh House (#4) (2008)
- Blind Eye (#5) (2009)
- Dark Blood (#6) (2010)
- Shatter the Bones (#7) (2011)
- Partners in Crime (short stories) (2012)
- Close to the Bone (#8) (2013)
- The 45% Hangover (short story) (2014)
- 22 Dead Little Bodies (short story) (2015)
- The Missing and the Dead (#9) (2015)
- In the Cold Dark Ground (#10) (2016)
- Now We Are Dead (#11) (2017)
- The Blood Road (#12) (2018)
Ash Henderson novels
- Birthdays for the Dead (#1) (2012)
- A Song for the Dying (#2) (2014)
- Sawbones (2008)
- Halfhead (2009)
- Twelve Days of Winter (2011)
- A Dark so Deadly (2017)