Mari Hannah brings her personal experience to her detective stories. She worked as a probation officer until she left the job after being assaulted. The main character in her Kate Daniels series is a lesbian murder detective just like her own partner.
It was after leaving her probation officer job that Hannah turned to writing. ‘The Murder Wall’ started as a screenplay for the BBC before being modified to become a novel. The novel won several prizes and Mari Hannah’s writing has gone on from there.
She lives in Northumbria with her partner.
Kate Daniels series:
- The Murder Wall (#1) (2010)
- Settled Blood (#2) (2012)
- Deadly Deceit (#3) (2013)
- Monument to Murder (#4) (2013)
- Killing for Keeps (#5) (2014)
- Gallows Deep (#6) (2014)
Ryan and O’Neil series:
- The Silent Room (#1) (2015)
- The Death Messenger (#2) (2017)
Stone and Oliver Series:
- The Lost (#1) (2018)